ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Friday, November 30, 2012

Americans Moving to/Living in Costa Rica . . .


I starting writing this the other day - one of those "I'm just saying  . . . " or "HMMMMMM!" type rants on some things that have been getting my goat lately so here goes . . .


REGARDING THE U.S. ECONOMY RECOVERING AND ALL THE AMERICAN'S COMING HERE!!
Hey - I SURE hope I'm wrong - for the sake of the Ticos - BUT - LOTS of the people I know that WERE talking/fantasizing about moving to Costa Rica - or at least leaving the U.S. haven't been able to because of many, part of that dream included selling their house and moving here with the profits.  We've seen what's happening with that.  It is VERY unfortunate for them and it WILL effect the people here (especially with all the new condos/homes and stores/malls and offices opening lately!!  What IS that about??  Haven't they been reading the news about what's happening in the world???)


"IF ____ WINS - I'M MOVING TO COSTA RICA"
Then, during the election, MANY people were once again saying "If ____ (fill in the blank [like Rush Limbaugh]) won - I'm leaving the U.S. - moving to Costa Rica!!!"

Well - LOTS of the people I knew/had heard of that were in that mode were Dems or more liberal so most aren't thinking of coming to Costa Rica now (though they're not necessarily dancing on their cars at this point).


SO THEY WANT TO MOVE TO THE LAND OF SOCIALIZED MEDICINE & BROWN PEOPLE???
I saw a great point on Facebook just after the election - talking about how some of the republicans threatening to move to Costa Rica (or that are living here but voted republican or just were bitching about the Mexican's living and working in the U.S. and taking "their" social security, medicare, having their kids in the schools, getting reduced senior housing/discounts, getting social security cards and drivers licenses and other benefits having never worked a day in the U.S.  Or they are living in the U.S. illegally.

Weren't many (NOT all I'm sure) the same people bitching about ObamaCare/anti-socialized medicine and prejudice/not liking "the brown people"??

YET - they were MORE than HAPPY to come to Costa Rica and be those SAME people they were bitching about in the states - never worked a day in their life in their new country, getting the "Free" socialized medical care/CAJA (oh - I forgot - for $15-$40-ish $/month) for LOTS of medical care and drugs sometime, using their Gold Discount card, getting free bus passes, driving their big cars that guzzle lots of gas and DO effect the already bad roads and environment, having their own kids enrolled in the public schools for free/practically free??

Some (no-party specific) rape and pillage the land by building/developing.  MANY of US (yes - myself included at times) DEMAND we have our gringo conveniences so stores like AutoMercado become more and more popular and drive prices up more and more so now it's harder for your average Tico/Costa Rican to own a house - since they're now more expense in Costa Rica than much of the U.S.!!!

Hmmmm - I guess what's good for the goose isn't always so good for the gander eh???  I'm just saying' . . . . (since I can).


SIDE BAR:  People, if you're a guest in ANY country - PLEASE - SERIOUSLY consider doing what YOU CAN DO to SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION for that country!!  What are you doing to GIVE BACK to the people and the land and showing your LOVE FOR MOTHER EARTH??  PLEASE SERIOUSLY consider it!!

.

No comments: