ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Crocs - the BEST Shoes for Costa Rica

(ME [Vicki Skinner - aka THE Sarong Goddess] surrounded by MANY styles of Croc's in a Croc's store in Costa Rica!!! 
I'm entering this picture in Croc's 10 year Anniversary Contest [below] so when I get the link PLEASE go on and "Like" it so I can win [and maybe I'll get lucky and get a new pair which I REALLY NEED!!].
SADLY - though I submitted it last minute - it was still 2 days before the contest and they did NOT put my picture up.  I wonder what's up with that???)

My FAVORITE shoes in the world!!!ESPECIALLY for MY BODY
CROCS's!!!  
and ESPECIALLY for those living in or visiting Costa Rica! 


These are a few UNscientific/official reasons I've experienced wearing the standard Croc's Beach and Classic and why I feel they are the BEST shoes for Costa Rica . . .

WHY CROCS SHOES ARE THE BEST FOR COSTA RICA
You can go traipsing through the dirt, gravel, uneven streets of Costa Rica - through the jungles and beaches (especially with hot sand - OUCH!!!) and gardens.   They're also MEGA Lightweight (depending on the style/size - around 7 ounces!!) and smashable so they fit in your suitcase easily and don't take up much space or weight! 
This makes Crocs PERFECT for Traveling throughout Costa Rica!!!


RAIN • MUD
You can go walking/playing in the rain, mud as it just washes off!!!  No need to worry about waiting for your shoes to dry or ruining them*. 
This makes Crocs PERFECT for the Rainy Season of Costa Rica!!!


WEAK ANKLES • INSECURE WALKING THE STREETS OF COSTA RICA?
As one with VERY weak ankles and with all the UN-even surfaces they seem to balance out my weak ankles so I can walk with more confidence as it feels like they're almost hugging the pavement (of course they don't help with things sticking up out of the ground or holes in the sidewalk, or steps I don't see where I go WHAM face/knee down!!  Ahhh - life in Costa Rica!). 
This makes Crocs PERFECT for people Living in Costa Rica!!!

BODY PAIN
Do you have any PAIN - especially in your legs, feet, back, hips?  Do you have to stand or walk a LOT?  Overweight?  Circulation issues!!  Speaking from experience - REAL Crocs are IT!!!  They soften the blow TREMENDOUSLY!!!! 
This makes Crocs PERFECT for people with body pains!

"I HAVE FUNNY SHAPED FEET • BUNIONS+"
You won't find a better shoe for you than Crocs Beach and Classic as they're pliable and there IS a "hint" they won't tell you (to cover their tush!)!  See instructions below at "How to Mold Crocs to YOUR Feet"* 

They FLOAT!!!
Many beaches in Costa Rica are rocky - even IN the water!  Rivers definitely are (ESPECIALLY important if you're going White Water Rafting [email me if you want me to make you a reservation with the BEST company for this!!  The owners/leads are International Winners from various contests!] I resisted them for at least a year because they were SOOOO cloddy/bulky looking (at the time I had 74 pair of shoes - mainly sexy styles!!) but I got a JetSki (I was living near Sarasota, Florida at the time) and I NEEDED a shoe that would float (for those times I wiped out!)!!  MY FAV Crocs (Beach, Classic) have Ventilation ports so water comes right out and they are Buoyant!!  Make sure to have Crocs with a Heal Strap!
This makes Crocs PERFECT for those going IN the rivers/oceans of Costa Rica!!!


ERGONOMIC!!
Crocs have these little bumps/"nubs" on the sole/"footbed" that stimulate the Acupressure Points on the bottom of your feet help with circulation!!!
This makes Crocks PERFECT for those that could use a little extra help with circulation!


They are NOT PLASTIC!!
Crocs are made of a fully molded Croslite material
 

STINKY • SWEATY FEET?
Also, I believe they're made from some sort of resin and guess what?  I've been 99.5% of the time wearing Crocs for 8 years now (I have 18 pairs [same ugly/cloddy style but in 8 different colors - my outside more worn ones and my brighter/better condition ones) and my feat and shoes STILL do NOT STINK as their Croslite material they're made of is ODOR-RESISTANT!!!! 
This makes Crocs PERFECT for people with sweaty/stinky feet!



@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


MISC.

WHAT SIZE SHOULD I GET? 
They tell you to get the size you normally would wear and if you wear a 1/2 size, get the next size up.  MY experience with Beach/Classics is they seemed to be a bit bigger on me so I get the size smaller and do the note below - "How to Mold Crocs to YOUR Feet" to get them to fit.


HOW TO MOLD CROCS TO YOUR FEET!!
Ok, this is a SECRET that Crocs will NOT tell you about but I've done it with all my Crocs so it's worked for ME - at least on the Classic and Beach and many others I'm sure. 

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY!!!!!
Do NOT NOT NOT forget EACH point or you can do SERIOUS damage to your feet that could take a LONG time to heal!!!
INSTRUCTIONS:  Pre-Heat your oven to 100 degrees fareheit (or whatever is lowest) for about 10 minutes.  Put the Crocs in said oven on the rack for 10 minutes MAX. 
Next steps are CRUCIAL!!!! 
#1 - FIRST put at LEAST 2-3 pairs of socks ON your feet (heavier socks is better.  If thin socks - you'll need like 4 pairs).  
#2 - Take the Crocs out of the oven with prongs (so you don't burn your hands).
#3 - Walk around a bit and they will literally "mold" to the formation of your feet!!!


EASY TO CLEAN and MAINTAIN!!
I'm SOOO NOT a "Domestic Goddess" so the easier my life is the better!!  With Crocs - they get dirty - you just wipe them off and they're dry in seconds!!!


"BUT I DO NOT LIKE THOSE CLODDY OLD CROCS!!!"
Crocs aren't just the old bulky shoes you know them to be (and that I LOVE) as they now have around 300 different styles to choose from!!!  Something for EVERYONE!!!  (see pictures at the bottom!!!)

"I HAVE BIG FEET"SOME Crocs styles come in up to Men's 17!!!! (can I have your phone #??!?!?)


"BUT THEY WEAR DOWN"
*NOTE:  Yes, in time they DO wear down and the can be like ice skating on smooth surfaces - BUT - there IS a REMEDY!!
s long as the grooves haven't worn down but I just take them to my local Zapateria who cuts in new grooves and I'm good to go again - otherwise they can be like ice skating on smooth surfaces.


FAKE CROCS
(the $5 ones)
Do NOT EVEN try these with the FAKE Crocs as they're just that - a Croc (of #%*and), plastic  made in China (that tells you a lot) and you will NOT experience ANY of these effects with them!!


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@



WHERE TO BUY CROCS

Crocs.com  •   Facebook.com/Crocs
(join their Facebook page as they often have exclusive specials for their "fans"!!)
(If you sign up the first time you get an ADDITIONAL 20% off your order!!  Check out their "Specials" page!!  FREE Shipping with orders over $75 or just $4.99 for your WHOLE ordered [no matter how many pairs)
(YEAHHH!!  I JUST notice my FAV "Beach" style for 50% OFF!!!  That's JUST $15 in many colors!!  [though my FAV purple is still $30])  

DSW.com/dsw_shoes/search/search.jsp?searchTerm=crocs 
(about $5 from ordering direct from Crocs and FREE SHIPPING with $35+)

ShoeBuy.com/crocs-shoes.htm
(Their prices aren't always much cheaper but they have FREE Shipping and No Taxes.  I saw on their site a "Here Comes Summer - 15% off" special)

eBay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=crocs&_sacat=11450
Unless Croc's has a special, consistently the cheapest Crocs I've found are usually on eBay and they even have used ones sometimes




@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

WHERE TO FIND CROCS IN COSTA RICA

(hopefully coming if they decide to buy an Information Ad here!)

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


 

CROCS 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY CONTEST
!!!


WIN
The person with the most "Likes" by August 25 at midnight will win an all-expense paid Dinner Party for you and up to 10 of your friends at a restaurant in the city to be held Saturday - September ___, '12.


RULES
•     Go to your closest Croc store in Costa Rica
•     Take an ORIGINAL photo of you wearing your favorite Crocs within a Crocs store in Costa Rica (I'll bet it could even be a pair that you fantasize about owning one day) and MUST clearly show your beautiful mug/face.  They will not be accepted photographs downloaded from the internet or the products themselves•     Email the picture to: Crocs10Aniversario@hotmail.com (you must include all your details - full name, city, phone number and age).
•     Your photo will be reviewed and uploaded to the Costa Rica Crocs Facebook Fan Page - Facebook.com/pages/Crocs-Costa-Rica/338339156222189 - in the folder marked "CROCS CUMPLEANOS." 
•    
Look for your picture and "Share" it with your Facebook "Friends" and ask them to "LIKE" it!!


DEADLINE
The contest has been EXTENDED (look for my picture on the site any day and PLEASE VOTE for VICKI SKINNER when you see it!!).
ALL photos MUST be submitted BY 11:59pm on Saturday - August
25, 2012. There will be only one winner per country. The selection of the winner will be the 26th of August and the winner will be announced at the Fan PageDinner will be held on Saturday, September __(29??), 2012. The prize is not transferable.

I DID ALL THIS and submitted it on August 23, 2012 and as of 5:30pm on August 24 - it STILL has not be submitted!!)




REGLAS:
CELEBRA EL CUMPLEAÑOS DE CROCS
· Busca la tienda Crocs más cercana y tómate una foto dentro de ella con tu modelos de Crocs favorito.
· Envíala a nuestro email :Crocs10aniversario@hotmai

l.com (Debes incluir todos tus datos: nombre completo, ciudad, teléfono, cédula y tu edad). *
· Tu foto será revisada y subida al fan page de Crocs en el folder CROCS CUMPLEAÑOS, una ves ahí te debes taggear y compartir con tus amigos para que le den LIKE/ME GUSTA; y ganará la que más likes obtenga hasta el 25 de Augusto a la media noche.**
· El premio será una (1) Cena “Todo Pago” para ti y 10 amigos, en un restaurante de la ciudad.

* La fotografía debe ser original, debe tomarse dentro de la tienda y debes mostrar el modelo de Crocs que mas te gusta y tu rostro debe verse claramente; no se aceptarán fotografías descargadas de internet ni de los productos solos.

** Promoción válida desde el 25 de Augusto hasta el 25 de julio de 2012. Habrá solo un ganador por país. La cena se realizará el sábado 28 de September de 2012. El premio no es transferible. La selección del ganador se hará el día 26 de julio y se anunciará el ganador en el Fan Page
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


PLEASE "SHARE" this link with EVERYONE you know that would like this information:http://LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com/2012/08/CrocsBestShoes4CostaRica.html

AND

VOTE FOR MY PHOTO 
by "LIKE"ing it on their Facebook page!!!
.

No comments: