ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Monday, June 11, 2012

PECOSITAS - BEST ICE CREAM • HELADO I've found in Costa Rica!!

One of the things I've learned to live without/with less in Costa Rica has been ice cream as I'm more of a crunchy kinda gal and I just haven't found much of that type of ice cream•helado in Costa Rica.  Also, SOOOO MUCH of it I can taste the chemicals so I rarely do it - BUT . . . 

One day I was CRAVING “Coco” Coconut Ice Cream (it’s Costa Rica – you’d think it was easy to find right? - NOT!!).  I went from store to store around Centro Escazu trying to find some - with no success – UNTIL – just before I got to the house I was House Sitting – I stopped in at this little off the beaten path pulperia (little ma and pa corner "market") - Abastecedor Castro and not only did they have my Coco – they had this brand I’d never seen before - but OHHHHH BOY!!!  I’ve now found my FAVORITE ice cream in Costa Rica!!!
PECOSITAS – Helados de Paleta

Their COCO/Coconut popsicle / paleta is SOOOOOO AWESOME as it actually has CHUNKS of COCONUT in it and is tasty!!!!  Can we say ADDICTIVE!!!!!  (yesterday I ate 4 in one day!!!  [granted they’re those small Dixie cup size])

Even Bubu the cat LOVES Pecositas!!  One day I was laying on the couch eating my "Coco" & he comes & steps over my shoulder & starts licking away!  EVERY TIME I had one he was trying to get it!!  I swear he'd finish one all by himself if given the opportunity!!


FLAVORS THEY HAVE AVAILABLE
(not always each one at each store but I’ll bet they will pre-order it if you’re wanting to buy a bag of it!!)

With Milk  /  con Leche :
COCO!!!!!!! / Coconut  -  Vicki’s FAV FAV FAV ice cream I’ve EVER had with CHUNKS of coconut in it (look at all those chunks!!)!!
Café   /   Coffee
Cass  /  how to describe cass – hmmm – I can’t – but it’s my FAV natural drink
Chicle  /  hmmm - is that like Chicklettes gum???
Higos  /  Fig
Fruitas Mixto  /  Mixed Fruits
Guanåbana
Mandarina  /  Orange
Mango Sele/Verde  /  green Mangos - tart
Mani con Pasas  /  Rum Raisin
Mora  /  to me mora’s a cross between blackberry and raspberry
Natilla  /  it’s like sour cream??
Piña Colada
Queque Chocolate / Chocolate Cake

With Water / con Agua:
Cass  /  how to describe Cass – hmmm – I can’t other than it's acidic - not really lemon-ish but maybe that would be the closest taste to Cass – but it’s my FAV natural drink
Fresa / Strawberry
Fruitas Mixto  /  Mixed Fruits
Limon  /  "Limon" Lime 
Mango Sele/Verde  /  green Mangos - tart
Mora / to me Mora’s a like a cross between blackberry and raspberry


LOCATIONS:
For now they’re locate mainly in the Central Valley and a couple places in Guanacaste:

ESCAZU
•    Abastecedor Castro  -  Centro (from the street/hill behind the church – go up the hill/South about 600 meters/6 blocks [passing Camacho’s Ferriteria] to Soda Maria Fernanda and turn Right.  Go down one block and Abastecedor Castro is on the North/East corner (tell them Vicki – the big gringa gal sent you!!).

Coming from the church in Centro Escazu - Turn RIGHT at Soda Maria Fernanda
Go 1 block to the little Pulperia CASTRO and it's on your Right (tell the owner that Vicki - the big red head gringa that LOVES the coconut ice cream sent you!!)
   
Also:

•    Panaderia Samuelito – North/West corner of the park in Centro

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I NEED A FIX and A LOT OF THEM!!!
If you’re wanting a whole bag or more, MAYBE they can bring it to you the next time they’re in your area (or you can pick them up at their Manufacturing plant in the CENADA area of Cariari??!!!!)
BAG – 20:  _______ - colones
Cups - 12:  _______ - colones

CARTS!!!!!
They have carts available for events and festivals.   Inquire!!!



DO YOU HAVE A STORE YOU WOULD LIKE TO CARRY – OR
WANT TO ORDER SOME BAGS
(which they may be able to deliver to you in the Central Valley next time they’re in that area):
Juan Fernandez (speaks some English)  -  2-239-1547  •  8-812-9702  •  HeladosPecositas@gmail.com
Andrea (daughter that speaks more English) – 6-058-8531  •  Andrea514@gmail.com


The National Ice Cream Production Company SA 3-101-328682



@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


(Please tell them that Vicki Connected you!!!
and "SHARE" it with EVERYONE you know - ESPECIALLY on Facebook!!
.

No comments: